What Is Pokemon GO?
Pokemon GO is a brand new augmented reality game that was created by Niantic and released recently. This unique game allows players to locate Pokemon using GPS in order to catch and train them. The Pokemon are virtual animals and the technology used to create the came makes it appear as if the are visible in real world locations.
A Cultural Phenomenon
Unless you have been hiding under a rock for the past few weeks you will be aware of the sudden popularity of the newly released Pokemon Go game. Pokemon itself is not an entirely new creation and it is likely that you had probably heard of it before the release of the Pokemon Go app. Pokemon players have quickly become a common site in many places around the world. The app has become a cultural phenomenon literally overnight and many people of all ages just can’t seem to get enough! So why is this game so popular?
Top Theories Explaining Why Pokemon Go Is So Popular
- It is suitable and fun to play for almost all age groups.
- Game play requires players to be more active than they would usually be while playing other games. People are using the app as inspiration to exercise.
- The way that the concept of virtual reality has been implemented is just so cool! You can visit all of your favourite nearby places while playing to enhance the experience.
- This game is very easy to play even for those who do not often use mobile phone apps for games.
- A choice of play styles including competitive and non-competitive is offered. Some players love to battle for the top spot in their local gyms while others just want to catch all the Pokemon.
- It’s possible to enjoy all of the features of the game free of charge. Users are given the option of buying extra balls and other items but all of these items can also be earned within the game free of charge.
- Finally a great twist on a classic game, many well-known games have been made into apps for phones and tablets but they are often changed so much that they hardly resemble the originals. Pokemon Go is enjoyable for new and old fans alike.
How To Play
Pokemon Go is available for download on both IOS and Android devices. The first thing you need to do of course is to download the app. After you download and open the app you will be asked to choose which team you would like to play for. There are three teams to choose from. If you are unsure of which team you would like to join ask your friends or family which teams they are in. You can choose to join the same team as your family or friends so that you can play as allies or you may prefer to compete with your friends and family by joining an opposing team. Or you could just choose your favorite color and select which team to become a member of that way.
Once you have joined a team you are ready to play! The app will guide you through the process and show you how to use all of the cool features. Soon you will be catching Pokemon, training them and hatching eggs!
If you need extra advice on how to play or level up as you become more involved in the game check out the Pokemon Go: Guide Book - Be The Very Best: (Become A Pokemon Master - Secrets, Strategies, Tricks, Walk Through, Game Safety) at amazon.