Swimming pools come in all shapes and sizes which is a good thing because so do backyards! If you love the idea of having your own swimming pool but think that your backyard is too small then we have some good news for you! There are some truly innovative ways to utilize your small backyard in order to create your own little paradise. Here are 10 swimming pool ideas for small backyards.
1. Cover it! It is an excellent way to use your space in multiple ways. An indoor pool that can be securely covered when it is not in use. The same space can then be used for a backyard gathering or other purpose.
2. Courtyard pool, even if the only space you have is akin to the size of a coutyard you can create a beautiful backyard oasis.
3. A pool aligned with the fenceline in order to maximise potential usage for the rest of the yard.
4. Folding poolside furniture is a great idea when you have limited space, it can easily be stored out of the way when not in use.
5. Big enough for two, one solution for a small backyard is of course a small pool ... just because it's little that doesn't mean that it can't look amazing!
6. If you want to be able to relax but really don't want to build a pool as a permenant structure a portable spa like this one is is a cool and inexpensive idea.
7. Adding your pool as an extension of your deck is a great space saver. Provides you with a place to cool off and is also a great feature when you are entertaining outdoors.
8. A classic above ground pool is a popular choice for small spaces and with the right accessories it can look great.
9. Working with the shape of your space to create a pool that is perfect for you can produce some amazing results. You don't have to stick with regular circular or square/rectangular shapes in order to build your backyard master piece.
10. Go inside, if you are short of yard space but happen to have a lot of extra room inside your home then an indoor pool is a fantastic option.