Modern travel would not be complete without bridges to get us where we need to go. There are many interesting bridges all over the world. Here are 10 cool bridges for you to check out.
1. Magdeburg Water Bridge is located in Germany.
Source: Olivier Cleynen/Wikimedia Commons
2. The Bloukrans Bridge in Africa was recorded as being the world's highest single-span arch bridge.
Source: NJR ZA/Wikimedia Commons
3. The Rialto Bridge spans over Venice's Grand Canal. It was built in 1951. An amazing, historical masterpiece.
Source: Veronika.szappanos/Wikimedia Commons
4. This bridge is located in Norway and it is called Storseisundet Bridge. Its total length is 260 meters.
Source: Iwoelbern/Wikimedia Commons
5. The Langkawi Sky Bridge in Malaysia was built as a pedestrian-only bridge. It provides awesome views and is approximately 125 meters long.
Source: Dylan Walters/Flickr
6. Singapore's Henderson Wave Bridge is a very creative structure featuring amazing lighting. This is the longest pedestrian bridge in the country. Source: The Soon/Wikimedia Commons
7. The Aiola Bridge was designed by an artist named Vito Acconci. It is located in Graz Austria. The central part of the bridge houses a bar, a cafe, and an area for sunbathing.
Source: Christoph Herzog/Wikimedia Commons
8. The Banpo Bridge in Taiwan is a pedestrian bridge that becomes a shimmering rainbow at night.
Source: Bryan Dorrough/Wikimedia Commons
9. The Millau Bridge in France is the tallest bridge in the world that is built for vehicles. Amazingly, it rises 1,125 above the Tarn Valley.
Source: Stefan Krause, Germany/Wikimedia Commons
10. The Tsing Ma Bridge in Hong Kong was the second-longest suspension bridge in the world when it was built in 1991. It features two decks to carry railroad traffic and road vehicles.
Source: mageba sa/Wikimedia Commons